Native .NET implementation

Developer
Nov 9, 2007 at 3:45 PM
Is anyone working on a native implemenation of this? In other words replace the wrapped DLL with C# or VB.NET code? I am interested in creating one, but do not want to duplicate someone elses efforts if it is being worked on.
Coordinator
Nov 9, 2007 at 4:40 PM
Not as far as I know! A native implementation would be most welcome as I already found that would be needed to support x64 for instance.
Do you want me to add you as a developer to this project?

cisakson wrote:
Is anyone working on a native implemenation of this? In other words replace the wrapped DLL with C# or VB.NET code? I am interested in creating one, but do not want to duplicate someone elses efforts if it is being worked on.

Developer
Nov 9, 2007 at 8:59 PM
I am actually working on a native implementation. I have it fairly close to complete. I am tracking down a bug now that it spitting out wrong codes somewhere after the 1024 boundry. I am attempting to use this project to hook into the GRC reference implementation and find out exactly where things are going wonky.

After that bug is tackled, I clean it up a bit, and get permission from my boss I would gladly contribute the code.

It is 100% C#, unit tests in MbUnit, borrowing the BigInteger class from Mono. So it should run out of the box on Mono as well.
Developer
Nov 9, 2007 at 11:56 PM

AndrewBurns wrote:
I am actually working on a native implementation. I have it fairly close to complete. I am tracking down a bug now that it spitting out wrong codes somewhere after the 1024 boundry. I am attempting to use this project to hook into the GRC reference implementation and find out exactly where things are going wonky.

After that bug is tackled, I clean it up a bit, and get permission from my boss I would gladly contribute the code.

It is 100% C#, unit tests in MbUnit, borrowing the BigInteger class from Mono. So it should run out of the box on Mono as well.

Excellent! I will be happy to review it. I plan to work with it for a Code Camp talk and tie it in to ASP.NET Membership.
Developer
Nov 14, 2007 at 11:46 PM
I have nearly completed it. The tests are complete and I can generate any passcode requested (verified working past the 64 but mark). I just need to write the methods to transform the passcard location to an actual passcode number (not that hard).

I got permission to release it this afternoon so now I just need to decided where to host it and what license to release it under. I think I will make a post to grc.thinktank regarding that issue later tonight.

cisakson, where is your code camp at?
Developer
Nov 15, 2007 at 3:08 PM
Can you post the code here? If not just let us know where to find it.

I will be at Boise Code Camp!
Developer
Nov 15, 2007 at 4:24 PM

cisakson wrote:
Can you post the code here? If not just let us know where to find it.

I am currently working with Dennis on getting the code hosted here.

When is your code camp? I don't know if you follow the GRC newsgroups or not but Steve has announced PPPv3 that will be a major change (more than just dropping a 128 bit addition). He and JGC (the guy who has done the phone & C implementation) have spoke back and forth but nothing has been set in stone yet so I have not began my modifications.
Developer
Nov 16, 2007 at 3:41 AM
See http://www.codeplex.com/pppNET/Thread/View.aspx?ThreadId=17908 for updated information.